Friday, July 11, 2008

beyond understanding

Yet another tragedy happened yesterday: another friend gave birth to a baby who died. His name was Jacob and he lived for a day. His parents go to Muncie Alliance and I taught a Bible study at a youth center with his mom for a couple years around the time Pat and I were married. Kira (the mom) is about my age and she and Scott already have a 15 month old son named Brody. How does this happen to two different people I know in one summer? I don't know. From what it seems on their blog, God is giving this couple peace and is bringing good from this tragedy as Jacob's heart is being used to save other babies' lives. The Bible talks about "peace that passes understanding." It surely does, because none of us understand.

If you're interested, their blog is: scottandkira.blogspot.com

No comments: